KMTA and its umbrella organization, Music Teachers National Association, offer a networking system for teachers and college students to keep them informed and up-to-date on techniques used by the most revered educators in the profession.
Active membership is open to all interested music teachers. This membership provides privileges of participation in the activities of the organization, holding office, and voting. Student membership is open to any college student of music.
Membership benefits include:
- Local Association meetings and workshops
- Music Progressions program
- American Music Teacher magazine, with articles on pedagogy, studio management, relevant news from around the nation and more.
- Grant opportunities
- Insurance products
- Legal, tax, and business advice
- Networking opportunities
- Professional certification program
- State and national conferences
- Student performance opportunities
Students of KMTA teachers are entitled to participate in these events:
- District Auditions – October
- State Honors Auditions – November
- Local Association events
- Music Progressions – a comprehensive musicianship program – April or May
Joining is easy! Visit our Join link above.