American pianist Nicholas Dold has enjoyed an active career performing across the United States as both a solo and collaborative musician. He has been a featured artist for Minnesota Public Radio's "Performance Today," Indiana Public Radio, the Duxbury Music Festival, the Orchestral Institute of Napa Valley, Chamber Music Silicon Valley, the Santa Cruz Baroque Festival, Opera San Jose, the Ladies Musical Club of Seattle and the University of Alaska - Fairbanks.
Equally committed as an educator, Dold currently teaches as a Nationally Certified Teacher of Music (NCTM) through the Music Teachers National Association (MTNA). He has regularly adjudicated and presented at both the state and local levels, most recently for the Music Teachers Association of California (MTAC), California Association of Professional Music Teachers (CAPMT), the Washington State Music Teachers Association (WSMTA) and the Kansas Music Teachers Association (KMTA).
He was appointed to the faculty at William Jewell College in 2022 and prior to that, served on the faculty at Santa Clara University and the San Francisco Conservatory of Music.
Dold received his graduate and undergraduate degrees at Indiana University, where he studied piano performance with Reiko Shigeoka-Neriki, chamber music with Yael Weiss and collaborative piano with Chih-Yi Chen.
For more information, please visit www.nicholasdold.com
Professional Awards, Certifications, and Affiliations
- "Top Piano Teacher", Steinway & Sons (2022)
- Nationally Certified Teacher of Music (NCTM)
- Music Teachers National Association (MTNA)
- Kansas Music Teachers Association (KMTA)
- Federated Music Teachers of Kansas City
- William Jewell College, Libery MO
- Santa Clara University, Santa Clara CA
- San Francisco Conservatory of Music
- Duxbury Music Festival, Duxubury MA
- Indiana University Precollege String Academy
- Indiana University Summer Piano Academy and Young Pianist Program
- M.M. - Piano Performance, Indiana University
- B.M. - Piano Performance, Indiana University